Back to School Computer Checklist – Is Your Student Ready?
Summer is almost over and school is about to start. Is your student ready? Use our Back to School Technology Checklist to confirm that your college students are ready to get back to work!
- Is their computer running slow or in need of a tune up? A system that is functioning slower than normal is an indication that the computer/laptop needs to be serviced and updated before assignments and papers are due.
- Is the Antivirus Program expired or uninstalled? Students do a lot of file sharing and access the Internet almost 24/7. Rule of thumb: If the system is used to access the Internet, there must be a valid and updated Antivirus/Antispyware program installed.
- Is the Hard Drive over 3 years old or almost full? Laptop hard drives last 2-4 years, max. Desktop drives last 3-5 years, max. The last thing you want is that desperate call the night before a big project is due and all of their assignments are lost or trapped on a damaged hard drive.
- Does the laptop battery not hold a charge? If your student’s laptop battery is not charging, that is a symptom of 3 possible issues which can be easily remedied at our Tech Repair Center
- Are they using an older system running Windows XP? Systems running on Windows XP Operating Systems pose a major security breach and are problematic when accessing many websites. This outdated Operating System will reach its end of life in April 2014. Preventive maintenance is always better than disaster recovery.
- Do they have a reliable person available to help them with any of their computer problems? Our Tech Team is available to assist your students while they are away at school, as long as they can access the Internet, we can diagnose and/or resolve issues with their systems over the phone.
Orange County Computer, Inc. can help you support your kids so they can get their work done! Parents make sure that your kids are ahead of the rest with a fully functional desktop/laptop or upgrade their system to prepare them for the school year. Send your student out for the fall semester with all the tools they need to get their work done.
Contact Us today with any questions or to schedule an appointment for On-Site /Remote Support. Remember that we offer convenient drop off hours and accept shipments from anywhere in the United States at our Tech Repair Center.
Back to School Special: Receive $25 Off Student Laptop Repair and Desktop Repair.